Building Excellence in Research
We are located at 409 Bayshore Blvd., 5th Floor, Tampa, FL 33606.
Welcome to the Office of Clinical Research (OCR) and the Center of Research Excellence (CORE)
As the region's level 1 trauma center and the primary teaching hospital of the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine, TGH is uniquely poised to conduct cutting-edge clinical trials advancing the state of medicine every day.
Services offered by the Office of Clinical Research:
- Budget development
- Contract review
- Financial management
- Protocol feasibility review
In addition to the OCR administrative services, the TGH Center of Research Excellence (CORE) provides:
- Study coordination services from site initiation to close-out visit. Coordinator services include recruitment, screening, subject enrollment, study visits/procedures, packaging, and shipping, source documentation, case report form completion, and long-term record storage.
- Dedicated outpatient facilities include fully equipped exam rooms for extended outpatient visits/IV infusions.
- Investigational drug services (randomization, maintenance, drug storage, dispensation)
- Lab processing and shipping
Vendor Requirements for Sponsor Studies:
If your study requires a Sponsor onsite visit at Tampa General Hospital (TGH), TGH requires the following:
- The Sponsor Representative must either have their flu shot or wear a mask during flu season; and
- The Sponsor Representative must be escorted throughout TGH facilities at all times.
It is the responsibility of the research team to ensure compliance with the above request.
Tampa General Hospital (TGH) requires Sponsor Representatives to go through vendor credentialing and obtain a vendor badge if the Sponsor Representative will be performing tasks in patient care areas (e.g. programing device in the operating room).
TGH Vendor Credentialing Contact Information:
- Mark Campbell, VP Supply Chain, Materials Management